Mexico Puebla Mission

Mexico Puebla Mission
December 2009-2011
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -- Unknown

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

roller coaster

Hello upper body of the world!!! (Only Nephi will get that),

So I’m hitting my 2 week mark this next Wednesday and I am alive and well!! I have so much to tell you all and so little time to share my experiences, thoughts and feelings!! Alright, lets get you up-to-date and go from there (but once again I am sorry for the craziness and the non-formal format of my letters ha ha I just say what jumps into my head first).

Ok, I left you at zone conference last time so… zone conference was probably super spiritual and just what I needed to hear to reignite my fire for the work, but… It was in spanish ha ha and spanish is the most ridiculous language there ever was (don’t even try to disagree with me) so what did I do during that time? yup.. slept and drew pictures!!! ha ha I know that’s not very missionary of me but I plan on being absolutely honest in all I write to the outside world. I will not exaggerate, lie, or change the facts to make myself look good (I might exaggerate a little haha) because I want you to know the what, how and why (and all the other descriptive words) on what’s going on with me--really. Anyway, after the 6 1/2ish hour long meetings we went home, slept and then the next day went to work.

I give the spiritual thought and butcher my way through my testimony then my companion takes it from there. Our numbers have been really low in our district but we are doing a lot better now and are hoping to see results soon.

Today was a pretty sad day; Elder Farr left for the home front.  We have been through it all from the beginning. He was my roommate in the MTC and we had the awesome ability to see each other often and talk. I see "Nephi Farr" as one of my close friends and was sad to see him go. But I believe he is doing the right thing in leaving and I won’t go into too much detail because it’s not my place to say, but know that I am behind him 100% and that he is a good man and is the master of integrity ha ha.

What else? Oh ya, our neighbors next to us... the woman is a member but her boyfriend is not.  We have been working with him and got him to commit to a baptismal date at the end of this month, so I am super excited to see how it woks out.

What else? ….Oh I noticed something here that blows my mind. Everyone here wears really nice clothes; I mean like back in the states $100 jeans and $40 shirts.  Then I remembered they make all the clothes! But that is not what is so crazy, they wear shirts with english wording…. they don’t know what their shirt says!!!  Elder Farr saw a lady and her shirt said (in really big letters) "I´M A DORK"  ha ha ha.  I laughed at that for awhile.

Alright, now for how I’m feeling... ha ha (the fun part…not) I am on an emotional rollercoaster! One moment I am so sure that this is where I´m supposed to be and I’m doing what’s right and the next moment I’m wondering how much a plane ticket is back home. I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss being lazy all the time and having my life handed to me haha.  But at the same time I am excited to become strong with the Lord and become the man I really do want to be. I want to want to get up at 6:30 every day which is amazingly hard and want to grow up and take life by the throat and choke slam it it to submission (Colton that was for you ha ha). What I’m trying to say is I’m ready to change. I have been blessed so much (Matthew 11:28-30)! My burdens have been made light every day and I’m happy and willing to do my best. My companion is the most patient guy in the world. And I love the people here even if they make no sense to me yet. I have been studying integrity and it along with charity are what I´m striving for right now ha ha. I am going to start studying grace and the importance of works if any one wants to help out ha ha. I would love to get your insight and advice. Thank you to everyone that is writing me. I love to get mail and it really means a lot to me. I love all of you and you are all in my prayers. I’m excited to hear about your experiences while I’m gone and to see how you can all live without me because I’m pretty sure that life must stink without me ha ha.

So my testimony is small but it’s what keeps me going on everyday…I know that my family is the most important thing in my life, they are my teachers, my examples, my friends, and my everything. They pick me up when I am weak and push me to be better than I thought I could ever be. I know that God loves me even when I´m less than perfect. I find happiness in the gospel and the promises it give me. Not a lot can be said of me but I do my best and I know the Lord will bring me to my knees for my good and I thank Him everyday for giving me the opportunity to grow and become better (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

Your soldier of the lord and the missing piece in your hearts,
Elder Aaron paul Cranford

P.S. Hey, if you guys could send me some pictures of you that would be cool!!!! I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment