Mexico Puebla Mission

Mexico Puebla Mission
December 2009-2011
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -- Unknown

Friday, September 17, 2010

anyone know what diversity is?

The update this week is basically the same as it is every week and I know that you guys don’t ever get bored of it, so I guess it’s alright to just jump right into it...
So the idea is to answer all of the questions that I get every e-mail. Yes, every single one.

Q. How are you?
A. I’m doing super, super great even thou I miss all of you so, so much!!!

Q. How is your Spanish?
A. Well, I feel like I’m doing pretty good considering that when I went into the MTC the only thing I knew was that “my Spanish is not good" …and when I left the MTC I had only learned the words "Joseph Smith ", " I know that" and the word "joke". I can communicate with about anyone as long as they don’t talk too fast. And if I don’t understand a word they can explain it to me in Spanish and I will understand. I’m not ready to be a translator or anything but I get by.

Q. Do you like your companion?
A. Life is what you make it and I’m not going to have a crappy mission because I can’t play nice with others or let things bug me that aren’t important, so if your asking me if there are things that I don’t like about him, well the answer is, "duh!?", but I’m not arrogant enough to think that I’m “all that and a bag of chips” so I deal with it and hope that he will put up with my imperfections. But honestly, Elder Olvera is actually a really cool guy, he’s a little crazy, but cool.

Q. How is the food?
A. It tastes like taco bell… ha ha! It is not what you think! The food is gut-wrenching gross especially to me, I think, because I have always been a picky eater, but after a few embarrassing experiences I have mastered my gag reflex and can stomach just about anything.

Q. Tell me everything that’s going on!?
A. Ha ha not everything, or this would be a long letter and I honestly hate writing things that I don’t feel really matter. So how about I mention that we have 5 people in the next two weeks to be baptized and they all seem like stellar investigators.

Ok, that’s all I really have but if you want anything more specific let me know. I’m going to end with what I have decided about "the one" and a testimony.

I was so bugged about this idea that there was “the one” that I wrote a long paper about it. First, know that whoever believes in "the one" would have to believe in God--in some way or another--because that belief means there was someone "the one" made special just for them and they are their true love, and are the one and only person that will make them truly happy.

That brings up some other problems. How would do you know who it is? How can you know? And what happens if you choose the wrong one? Would you forever be unhappy? I’m won't give you all the details from my entire paper but I have found that it comes down to this:  If God loves us then I don’t believe he only gives us one chance, and on that one decision we decide to be forever happy or forever not happy.  That would be lazy.
For me, If I love her I will not worry about if she is “the one”, but worry about if I am worthy enough to spend my life with her. I know that I am a dumb man and that I make mistakes that I will forever have to work to have a good relationship.

Well, that was a little from my paper and a little of my testimony and a little bit corny.

Stay classy, world!
Diversity: I’m not sure, but I believe it’s and old wooden ship used in the civil war,
Elder Cranford

No comments:

Post a Comment