Mexico Puebla Mission

Mexico Puebla Mission
December 2009-2011
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -- Unknown

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

families are what bring us the most joy

I was changed to another area within the Puebla north zone and I’m pretty much in the city hard core. I even have a McDonald's in my area (says a small prayer of thanks). This last Saturday we had three baptisms but one of them wasn’t exactly in our area so some other lucky elders got a free one. Their names are Breeza and Elias and they are the coolest people in the world. They are what we like to call in the mission field "the chosen". They listened to only one message and said that they knew it was true and were ready to be baptized. We are now working with a girl named Annie and she is a little more “iffy” but I’m certain she will come around. These last few weeks I’ve been really trying to open up and just try to fit in rather than be the white, quiet-until-I-have-to-talk missionary. And my Spanish is improving because of it! ...I can even tell some jokes in Spanish ha ha. But I still have a lot to learn and I will only get it if I trust in the Lord.

I want to say to everyone that I love you and that I miss you more than I can express, but I’m out here trying to give people a little of the happiness I have had in my life--so I guess its all worth it, right?!! God lives. He loves us. He has a plan that will bring us happiness in this life and in the next if we would only listen to Him. The world is in darkness like never before but if we all do our part we will bring many home. Families are what bring us the most joy. I will be the man I can be but not because I force myself to change but because I give myself up to the Lord and He can make me into the best.

Sending all my lovin’,
Elder Cranford

No comments:

Post a Comment