Mexico Puebla Mission

Mexico Puebla Mission
December 2009-2011
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -- Unknown

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

counting my blessings

Hello foreigners,

First, can I say thank you to all the people that write me? It makes me happy and I get by a little better in the week.
aaron.cranford@myldsmail.net

So this last change I had Elder Martinez as my companion. The Lord gave us a ton of people to teach and we now have 5 dates for baptism in 4 days.

I left for another area today--I am in the zone Apisaco--and my area is Huamantla. I was given a companion that knows no English. So remember my first companion spoke a ton of English (and he didn’t like to help me learn Spanish), and my second companion spoke fairly good English but because I have not studied the language as well as I should my Spanish stinks. I can understand a lot, but speaking it is another beast. So I am hoping by the end of this change I will speak Spanish! My new companion is Elder Trinidad. I knew him in my previous district and he is really cool and super buff. He says that he will get me in shape before I am done here.

I’m sad that I left Ajalpan; I love my entire ward. But I’m excited for cooler weather so send me some prayers.

My testimony for this time is that no matter my problems, I know that I am not the first person to deal with them and I’m not going to be the last. I know that others have it much worse than I do and I should, instead of my usual way of complaining, be counting my blessings.

So… some things that I am thankful for are:

• The opportunities to be able to receive the promises of the Lord (as long as I stick to the plan)

• the power of repentance

• the peace and the understanding the gospel brings

• second chances

• family

• friends

• being born in America

• not being born in Mexico

• a washer and dryer

• air conditioning

• my ward

• pest control

• a language that I understand

• being alive

• being given the ability to change

I know that the Lord’s ways are perfect and we need to trust him to receive his blessings. I know that families can be together forever and when all things are said and done that is the only thing I want. I want to be who my future wife deserves. I want to be who I need to be for the people that need me in this life. I know the only way to be happy forever is with God. Please don’t be like me and only turn to God when we are in our darkest hour. He is the truth and the light.

Wow, ok that’s all I have for today. I hope you are all doing well and I want you all to e- mail me and yes I mean you...(this is the time you reflect and think if I meant you and yes I meant you (the person reading this)

Your friendly neighborhood spiritual ninja,

Elder Cranford

No comments:

Post a Comment