Mexico Puebla Mission

Mexico Puebla Mission
December 2009-2011
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -- Unknown

Monday, May 24, 2010

girls

First I wanted to start off with my testimony and commit you all to do something (haha thats my inner missionary speaking)... first I want to say that I am a weak weak person after thinking of all the blessings I have--and then seeing that at even the slightest temptation I give in and say its too much to bear and that I have to, or need it, or just this one time. I know I won't ever be perfect, but why do I have to be so pathetic and so weak? It's in those moments that we see ourselves as we really are; that we realize that we need God. But there is a way to become stronger, to be better, that is giving up your pride and receiving humility. Humility is a hard gift to receive and even harder to keep. Most of the time we only receive it when something traumatic happens to us and there is no other way but than to have God do something about our problems. I am guilty of this but I'm going to be better.

So my story for this letter... ok, well now I'm in the city (a small one) and I'm encountering something that I have never seen on my mission... ha ha...girls are trying to kiss me !! They say it's how they say "hi" here but I'm not buying it! ha ha The first time this happened a girl leaned in and I was like "what?... oh maybe she wants to tell me something, but doesn't want anyone to hear." So I put my cheek/ear out and she started to look at me weird then she went for the kill and I hurried and pulled back and winced. Then a member ran and stopped the girl and explained that I was a missionary and that I was not supposed to do that. I said sorry like a billion times and said I was new. My companion thought that was pretty funny. haha. Ok thats all I have for today.  Next week I'll talk about the girl that can see dead people and her brother that can see the future. ha ha

Thank you everyone for being my friends thank you for being you.  I think about you a lot and iI hope to make you all proud!

Elder Cranford

No comments:

Post a Comment